Sunday 30 December 2007

"..The innate right of the Englishman to decorate the tree of his choice even on National Trust estates. " by Gordon Gorilla




"there" stammered Gordon, "There it is you see, the trespass into the public domain with no increase in subject and a move away from commodity value-I only bought those decorations today from Hooty's in Willenhall showing solidarity with the oppressed Chinese Christmas decoration workers in Shandong province...Now away with you beasts! Back to the library now all of you!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this just goes to show that trees have been given to us by the almighty for purposes less mundane than mere calorific value. I too am intensely interested in the spiritual life of vegitables, Gordon is on the brink of transcending his quotindien earthly solidity and crossing to the life of spirit (why did the gorilla not cross the road? - because he was already on the other side)acw

Anonymous said...

"Do not judge me", said the tree, "For I am hiding behind my religious symbolisation!"

"Hiding? From what?" I ventured.

"From you, from everybody. I'm in the fear that I will be judged as an individual, rather than a group. That people will judge me on my own traits. I'd rather hide in a group."

"But that's just silly, surely?"

"Anything you say against me, is against my church, my religion. Upset me, and you upset everyone. Encourage me, support me, and you make us feel our beliefs are right. It gives us strength! Now you don't want to upset everyone, do you!?"

Anonymous said...

'Hmmm' said Vincent 'whats this?' There leaning against his tree and gently snoring was a hippo-

"C'mon Hippo wake up !"
Vincent gave Hippo a friendly nudge-"Now then Hippo, whats all this stuff about being dead when I know you are only sleeping...now tell me Hippo why are you here and in what do you believe?"